Chelsea Pines Inn, New York’s premier guesthouse, has been located at the nexus of three of the city’s hottest neighborhoods — Chelsea, Greenwich Village, and the Meatpacking District — for 25 years. And, boy, have we seen a lot of change since 1986! Our inn has always proudly reflected the diverse interests of these storied neighborhoods, as well as our loyal guests, dedicated staff, and many cherished neighbors and friends. To help us celebrate this occasion, we’ve asked a few friends to share their reflections about where we all were in 1986, where we are now and where we’re going in 2011 and beyond. We hope you enjoy this series of articles, appearing regularly below among our other posts.
- Hey, Trekkies! It’s Captain Pike’s Birthday!
- Happy Birthday, Rock Hudson!
- Happy Birthday, George Nader! Who’s George Nader, you ask…
- Chelsea Pines, Spartacus and New York: A Great Relationship Begins in the ’80′s
- A Guest’s Journey: Chelsea Pines and New York Provide Balance
- Fay Jacobs: Chelsea Pines, Prom and Mame. We’ll Always Be Bosom Buddies!
- Tom Viola: Positively 14th Street
- Michael Adams on SAGE and the Legacy of Ken Dawson
- Armistead Maupin on Mrs. Madrigal and Chelsea Pines
- Rabbi Sharon Kleinbaum of CBST Looks Back